גאדי סקסי

גאדי סקסי

ClicK Links Videos LIVE Show Streaming

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, March 28, 2014

All about me, all the time

    The Davison Gallery is lovely and contemporary, and conducive to spare design. Sue moved the show graphic to the floor, which allows the paintings room to breathe. It looks fantastic.
    Tonight is the opening of my show, God + Man at the Davison Gallery at Roberts Wesleyan. As you know, I’ve been painting like a dervish to get ready for it, and it was awfully satisfying to watch it come together under the highly-skilled hands of gallery director Sue Bailey Leo.

    Sue and her assistant Allysa installing the floor graphic.
    This is the second show of my work that Sue has managed, and I’m humbled by how good she makes me look.

    A woman and a hammer... invincible! Here Sandy Quang learns how to use a plumb line to level paintings.
    I frequently tell people that “it’s all about me.” This weekend, it actually is. I have three solo shows up across the Rochester metro area. When does that ever happen?

    Mary Brzustowicz offered to help me move canvases. Little did she know she'd be pressed into service popping air bubbles.
    You are welcome to tonight’s opening, from 6-10. Ignore your mapping software; it will take you to the center of the campus. Instead, take US 490 to Buffalo Road west. Pass Westside Drive and the athletic fields at Roberts Wesleyan. You will see the Howard Stowe Roberts Cultural Life Center on your right; there is ample free parking, including parking lots on the west and northeast sides of the building.

    Sandy temporarily interned as a lighting assistant, and did a great job of it, too.
    The gallery is also open Monday-Friday, 11-5, and Saturday, 1-4. The show is up until April 11.

    If you’d like to see my secular landscapes, this is the last weekend they are up at VB Brewery at 6606 State Road 96 in Victor. (Yesterday I stopped there with my friend Mary, who pointed out that the brewing smelled like warm feed for horses. It was delectable.)

    Be there, or be square.
    And my Stations of the Cross are up at St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church at 2000 Highland Avenue. Since they’re part of the Lenten worship experience, you’ll need to call the church at 585-442-3544 to make an appointment.


    Let me know if you’re interested in painting with me in Maine in 2014 or Rochester at any time. Click here for more information on my Maine workshops!

Post Title

All about me, all the time


Post URL

http://asyx-eaak.blogspot.com/2014/03/all-about-me-all-time.html


Visit Become to be a successful News for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

Blog Archive